[CMake] Eclipse CDT4 CMake Generator - Pre-Alpha version

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Wed Aug 1 07:56:42 EDT 2007

On 8/1/07, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2007/7/31, Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva:
> >
> > Attached is the file. I changed some variable names and other minor
> > things, but I'm not certain it follows all the coding standards. I
> > leave that to your inspection, although please point out whatever you
> > find that you needed to fix for my future reference.
>
> Yeah just great.
> I have  tried your patch on a fresh CMake CVS HEAD update and
> it works just fine for me for TSP.
>
> My test is:
> <snip>

Great! Thanks for testing.

> > All of those interested in this development are encouraged to watch
> > the following wiki page:
> >
> > http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Eclipse_CDT4_Generator_Development
>
> I did add another screenshot :))

Looks good. I added the patch to the wiki page as you suggested.

> I have somes remarks:
>
> 1) The referred sources for the build are a cvs checkout
>    but they do not appear as such in Eclipse,
>    i.e. the Team menu is not enabled. :((
>   May be the CVS Eclipse plugin did not automagically
>   discover this fact because not all the project structure
>   is handled by CVS but only the link resource refering
>   to the source tree.
>
>   I've tried to "manually" activate Team menu on this
>   particular folder but I am still unable to do it without
>   "Sharing" the whole project which is definitely not what
>   I want since the build tree should not be handle by CVS.

I haven't used these features of Eclipse... If you can manually set it
as you would like then send me the .project/.cproject so that I can
inspect them and maybe find a way to handle it correctly.

> 2) After import the project was built but
>    binaries did not show up, I had to close/open project
>    in order to have the binaries.

I'm not sure what ticks eclipse off... I've seen this happen, but
sometimes it is a refresh that it needs. Other times I have closed the
project and re-opened. And even more paranoid I've deleted it and
re-imported.

If you find that it is a setting in the generated files, please keep me posted.

> 3) There seems to be a spurious binary named a.out
>     which is discovered the file is:
>     Build_tsp_generated/CMakeFiles/CompilerIdC/a.out

I'll fix this as you have suggested in the next e-mail.

> Nevertheless this is a great AND usable job for me.
> Thank you very much.

Glad that it works for you!

> --
> Erk