[CMake] cmake and Visual Studio Express 8

Ralf Dünkelmann r.duenkelmann at oxalis.de
Mon Apr 30 12:50:25 EDT 2007

Hallo All,

I have the following:

- a simple C++ - project that generates a library and a command line
executable
- the project will compile fine under Linux environment

Now I want to use cmake for configuring this project under Windows using
Visual Studio Express 8.

After installing Visual Studio 8, I also installed the MS Platform SDK.
I ran vcvars32.bat in the shell (to set environment as was said before in this
list) and configured via "cmake ." in my source directory.

cmake than invokes the cl - compiler to build a simple test program. This step
fails with the message:

CMake Error: The C compiler "cl" is not able to compile a simple test program.
... (and later on)
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "user32.lib" kann nicht geöffnet werden

I do find user32.lib. It is in the path, that vcvars32.bat set up.
I saw some similar problems before in this list and tried everything what was
said there, but it did not help.

Has anyone an idea for me?
That would be nice.

Best