[CMake] segfault with ccmake, not with cmake

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sun Apr 22 11:37:15 EDT 2007

Of course, trying to build a C++ library without C++ enabled should generate
an error message so it appears the segfault you got for ccmake and no error
message for cmake are a CMake bug.

Of course, this bug may have been fixed already.  What version of cmake and
what platform?

Prakash Punnoor said:

> It seem if I specify the CXX language in the first Project statement, I
don't get the segfault, but I want to conditionally enable c++.

Using the CXX option to PROJECT (or using no languages as options to PROJECT
which defaults then to C and CXX) is the correct way to enable the CXX
language.

If you want to optionally enable the CXX language, then specify just the C
language to PROJECT and optionally use the ENABLE_LANGUAGE(CXX) command.
That works fine for me except note Bug #4772 - CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE does not
work correctly for language enabled with ENABLE_LANGUAGE

Also, I can see why you missed ENABLE_LANGUAGE.  Currently its
documentation says

ENABLE_LANGUAGE
   Set a name for the entire project.

????

After that bad start the rest of the ENABLE_LANGUAGE documentation does
indicate how to use ENABLE_LANGUAGE.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).