[CMake] Unable to get CTEST_CUSTOM_WARNING_MATCH working

Trevor Kellaway tkellaway at asl-electronics.co.uk
Sat Apr 21 12:03:25 EDT 2007

Hi,

> I've been trying to get CTEST_CUSTOM_WARNING_MATCH working
> for an embedded compiler that produces info and warning
> messages with "INFORMATION" and "WARNING", so that my build
> log reports to the Dart server flags these up as warnings.
>
> I've tried this:
>
> 	SET(    CTEST_CUSTOM_WARNING_MATCH
> 	                ${CTEST_CUSTOM_WARNING_MATCH}
> 	                "INFORMATION"
> 	                "WARNING"
> 	        )

OK, what I was doing wrong was putting this in a "CMakeList.txt" style
file, rather than as the Wiki says to place it in "CTestCustom.cmake" in
the build directory (see
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Testing_With_CTest#Customizing_CTest).

However, I've now fallen down another hole, as my Nightly & Continuous
builds are using cleaning the binary tree in my CTest -S script (see
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/TestingSetup.html), i.e.:

	"SET (CTEST_START_WITH_EMPTY_BINARY_DIRECTORY TRUE)"

This of course deletes my "CTestCustom.cmake" in the build directory!

Does anyone know what the workaround is for this?
 - A CTest command line option (I couldn't see anything obvious)?
 - A CMake copy that will happen after the clean (slightly horrible).

 - TrevK