[CMake] Visual Studio - dependencies

Vitor Vasconcelos Araujo Silva vasconcv at loria.fr
Fri Apr 20 05:30:46 EDT 2007

>> You are doing something wrong, but with out some more examples it is
>> hard to tell what.   add_dependency should not be required.
>

> Sorry for that poor advice.  I sent off that post too quickly.  Bill is
> correct (as usual!).
>
>> You should have something like this:
>>
>> add_library(foo ...)
>> add_exectuable(bar ...)
>> target_link_libraries(bar foo)
>>
>> I am guessing you have something like this:
>> target_link_libraries(bar /some/path/to/foo) So, cmake is not treating
>> foo as a target that it knows how to build, but rather an external
>> library that is assumed to exist.

	Thanks Alan and Bill.
	Bill: you went directly to the point. When I wrote some of my
CMakeLists files I had none experience with CMake and I made a lot of
mistakes (at that time I thank it was correct). Probabily I'll have more
problems that I hope to decrese as my "know-how" on Cmake arises.
	Alan: Don't apologize, please. Your answer make me took a look in some
parts of my scripts and it helped to be verify a lot of points.
	So, thank you all,

	Vitor Vasconcelos