[CMake] Visual Studio - dependencies

Vitor Vasconcelos Araujo Silva vasconcv at loria.fr
Thu Apr 19 09:04:43 EDT 2007

	Hello all,

	I'm having small problems with the Visual Studio 8 (2005) being
generated by CMake (2.4 patch 6).
	The first one is the dependencies between projects. In my hole project
I have one directory to lib, one for tests and one for what we call
aplications. (There are one too to the documentation). Something like this:

	- Project
		- lib
			-Unit tests
		- Applications
			- app1
			- app2
			- app3
			- ...
		- Documentation

	Of course, the tests and apps depends on lib. In Linux this dependence
problems are not noted, unless we try, for example, to build
Applications directory itself (typing "make" inside it) before build the
lib. So, it's not a problem for us.
	The problem is on Visual Studio. After generate the Project, the  Unit
tests depends on lib, but the Applications no. (As VS solution
configuration) I'm guessing CMake bets on directory flow to set those
dependencies. So, the question: Is it possible to control this kind of
dependecies/behavior from CMakeLists files?
	The other problem is that I (and mainly my boss) want to reproduce my
well-known directory structure inside Visual Studio solution. It means
put all appsN inside a directory - of course, with the correct
dependencies.
	I was reading about GET_TARGET_PROPERTY, but I'm not sure if it's what
I'm looking for to solve the dependency problems. Any suggetions? The
other problem, is possible to do what I want and, if it is, how to do it?
	Thanks a lot in advance,

	Vitor VASCONCELOS

	Project QGAR
	INRIA Lorraine