[CMake] [UseDebian.cmake] Creating deb package

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 03:50:15 EDT 2007

2007/4/16, Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com>:
> 'lo
>
>   You can find an early draft here:
> http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/gdcm/CMake/UseDebian.cmake
> You will need also:
> http://gdcm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gdcm/CMake/FindMd5sum.cmake
> (until cmake -E md5sum is approved)
> Please test, and send feeback.

I did a fast and easy try and...
it works just fine for me on a mixed Debian Etch/Lenny.
Good work.

May be you can add some comments describing an example of use :))

I shall give the macro a more detailed look as soon as I have more time.
I think we may propose some "standard" way to customize the deb/rpm
packages. That is propose some naming scheme for customization variables:

xxx_PACKAGE_NAME : the name of the package
xxx_PACKAGE_ARCHITECTURE : the package architecture
xxx_PACKAGE_DEPENDS : the package dependencies...
may be more

with xxx which may be CPACK, DEBIAN or RPM the rules may be
if DEBIAN_xxx is defined use it for debpackage
  RPM_xxx                                   rpmpackage
else use CPACK_xxx
  for <SPECIFIC>_xxx

--
Erk