[CMake] Visual Studio, Cmake and DLL

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 16:14:52 EDT 2007

I have a project that I use cmake as the build system. In Windows I
have it generate VS 2003 .Net project files. The basic layout of the
project is a base library, lets call it "A", and then some other
utilities built on top of "A" along with some unit tests. The problem
in VS is at the linking stage. When VS builds the "A" library, only
libA.dll is produced. When I try to build my unit tests the linker
complains that libA.lib can not be found. Is there something simple
that I am missing?

Background: I am mainly an OS X/Makefile/Xcode guy so I am learning VS as I go.

Thanks for any help.
--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson _at_ gee-mail dot com