Re: Re: [CMake] Convince Cmake to use a compile rule without having a LIBRARY or EXECUTABLE target

d.1234567890 d.1234567890 at qualiant.at
Fri Apr 13 01:30:09 EDT 2007

In our (relatively large) project, we sometimes "just" want to=
 compile (check for syntax) a part (typically one directory) of=
 the complete project. This very often saves a lot of time just=
 to figure out that a small error fails the complete project to=
 rebuild. Another option I hat tried, was to create several=
 (library) targets that would be used to build the individual=
 source directories but this failed because I did not find a way=
 to convince CMake to put all objects (I've also ask on this list=
 for help on this) in the main target build directory.

Thank you,
Dieter

dieter oberkofler wrote:
> Is is somehow possible to convince CMake to compile (use the=
 build-in c/c++
> compile rules and no explicit custom command) without having=
 specified a
> LIBRARY or EXECUTABLE to be build?

What would you be trying to compile?

Cheers,