[CMake] spaces in command line options

Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo antonio.fabio at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 06:55:08 EDT 2007

Hi all.
I'm using the swig module for building a java wrapper to my library.
Here's the problematic code in the relevant CMakeLists.txt:
#####
SET(CMAKE_SWIG_OUTDIR org/my/lib)
SET(CMAKE_SWIG_FLAGS "-package org.my.lib")
####

Both directives are properly parsed. However, this generates something like
this in the command line (linux):
/usr/bin/swig-1.3 -java -package\ org.my.lib -outdir org/my/lib mylib.i

This gives me error, since SWIG complains about the escaped space just after
'-package'! I solved the same kind of problem with '-outdir' by using
CMAKE_SWIG_OUTDIR. But now I don't know how to workaround with '-package'.
Moreover, this seems to me a more general issue, I suppose I can be faced
with in other contexts.

Any hints?
Bests,
Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo.