[CMake] Compiling dynamic source code

Littlejohn, Todd JEFFREY.TODD.LITTLEJOHN at saic.com
Tue Sep 26 21:43:32 EDT 2006

All,

I am currently working on a project that auto-generating code based on a data model defined using XSD/XML.  The code generator I have developed is using CMake to make the code generator.  Next CMake is used to generate the C++ and Java data models.  The problem I am having is how do I get CMake to compile the generated code.  The problem I have is that the source files created for the data model's) (i.e., C++ and Java) can an will change when the XML data model evolves.  I have reviewed the list documentation, lists, FAQs, and wiki for this.  Most of the work is done at CMake creation time not at run-time.  What I really need to do is enumerate the generated source after being auto-generated then have this somehow passed to the generated CMake generated makefiles.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

    - Todd