[CMake] The input line is too long (MinGW)

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 03:08:56 EDT 2006

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> Martin Dobias wrote:
>>
>> Actually CMakeSetup from CVS crashes for me even with so trivial
>> CMakeLists.txt like:
>>
>> PROJECT (hello)
>> MESSAGE (STATUS "hello world")
>
> I cannot reproduce this.  I just updated my CMake CVS.  I used
> CMakeSetup 2.4.3 with the "Visual Studio .NET 2003" generator.  I did
> an out-of-directory build; my sources are in E:\devel\src\cmake and my
> build is in E:\devel\vs71\cmake .  I ran the .sln files to build CMake
> CVS.  I ran CMakeSetup CVS on your trivial "hello world" above, using
> "MinGW Makefiles" generator, and it configures just fine.
>
> I do have both CMake 2.4.3 and CMake CVS on my system.  Is it possible
> for CMake CVS to end up using CMake 2.4.3's registry entries, and
> thereby use 2.4.3 rather than CVS dlls?
>
> I did not build my CMake CVS cleanly.  I only updated it and then
> built.  I will try building cleanly sometime this evening when time
> permits.  It takes awhile and I've got some work to do with CMake CVS
> first.

I've now built cleanly out-of-source.  Can't reproduce.  I suppose my
CVS could have stray files if CVS is capable of leaving stray / obsolete
files.  That would not be my doing, however; I never muck about in the
CMake CVS directory.  Just noting a possible corner case of what could
mess up a build.  I think it is far more likely that you just have a bad
build.  I will wait to hear from you before doing any more tests.