[CMake] Xcode and library search paths

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 22 08:48:31 EDT 2006

Anders Sundman wrote:
> Xcode and CMake works fine for me with one (minor) exception.
>
> When I build my Xcode project with CMake and then compile i get the
> following warning:
>
> Tool:0: warning -L: directory name (/usr/local/lib/Debug) does not exist
>
> It looks like CMake adds the entry: /usr/local/lib/$(CONFIGURATION) to the
> Library Search Path for all targets (executables & libraries).
>
> The warning only appears when the executables are built; the libraries
> have the same entry in their Library Search Path but doesn't generate
> warnings.
>
> Any ideas or clues on how to fix this?

CMake adds a $(CONFIGURATION) version of every link directory in case it
is referring to another Xcode build tree in which the libraries are
stored in these per-configuration subdirectories.  We were not aware
that this produced a warning.  It is safe to ignore the warning though.
 As far as getting rid of the warning you may submit a bug report here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

-Brad