[CMake] Missing MAP files support in VS 2005

Wojciech Jarosz wjarosz at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 15 15:38:05 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 08:21, Laurentiu Nicolae wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Is there a way of enabling the generation of MAP files in the
> CMake-generated projects? I've been digging around in the source code
> and I can't seem to find anything that allows it.
>
> Basically, what I need is to generate the following two lines:
>   GenerateMapFile="true"
>   MapFileName="path_to/mapfile.map"
> corresponding to the linker option
>   /MAP:"path_to.mapfile.map"
> (Note that the /MAPINFO:LINES linker option has been removed in
> VS2005).
>
> I guess the map file could be generated in the same way the PDB options
> are generated. Don't know if this is desired for other compilers; I'm
> pretty sure GCC can generate map files (-Map). I haven't filled in a
> feature request yet because I'm not sure whether this would be a good
> addition to CMake.

I am also interested in this (GenerateMapFile="true") and haven't found a way
to do it.

In addition I am interested in specifying MapExports="true" which cooresponds
to the /MAPINFO:EXPORTS linker option.

Is there any way to specify that these lines be generated in the VS2005
project file?

Thanks!
-wojciech