Fwd: [CMake] Adding cross-compiler support to CMake ...

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Sep 8 16:33:44 EDT 2006

Once it is possible to do this, the cross-compiling abilities are really perfect.
In KDE we do about one million configure checks, checking the availability of various functions, types and headers. And we use many extra libraries, which are found using FIND_PACKAGE().

How should all that work when cross-compiling ?
The FindFoo.cmake files as far as I can see cannot and are not written to find libraries in strange directories for cross-compiling.
All the values could be set manually by hand, but this is not really doable for a project with so many checks.

Bye
Alex