[CMake] make install not works for me

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Sep 7 09:58:25 EDT 2006

Von: "Brandon J. Van Every" <bvanevery at gmail.com>

> Slava Semushin wrote:
> >     I think anybody should update
> >     http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Examples.html and adds INSTALL directives
> >     example. Without this change some newbies, like me, may puzzle.
> >

> I was about to say, "It's a wiki.  You could do that."  But then I saw
> it's not a wiki, so you can't do that.  It would be good to move all
> such materials to the wiki, I think.  Put them in one coherent place
> where they can, in principle, be improved by people who find them
> lacking.

Yes, this would be a good idea.
Actually, just login in to the Wiki and create a new wiki page with the same contents.

> Of course, the whole problem of getting programmers to document things,
> is once they've figured out what they need to know, they've lost most of
> the incentive to document.  Most people only document when they're
> really worried about being understood.

That's right. Nevertheless I take from time to time I take an evening just to write some documentation, because I'm in the same position, the KDE devs should have a point where they can find good documentation.

Bye
Alex