[CMake] *** No rule to make target `SET.mod.proxy'

Russell L. Carter rcarter at esturion.net
Tue Sep 5 17:45:51 EDT 2006

Greetings,
I am new to cmake and am encountering this error when
I try to build a trivial Fortran library:

rcarter at feyerabend [216] make
Scanning dependencies of target hwode
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `SET.mod.proxy', needed by
`hwode/CMakeFiles/hwode.dir/dop853.o.requires'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [hwode/CMakeFiles/hwode.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

However, directly invoking 'make dop853.o' in the build
directory works fine, and produces the object.

Project directory structure:

topdir->hwode

CMakeLists.txt in topdir:

# Top level
PROJECT(ODE_SOLVER Fortran CXX)
SUBDIRS(hwode)

CMakeLists.txt in hwode:

ADD_LIBRARY(hwode  dc_lapack.f  dop853.f  lapackc.f  lapack.f  radau5.f)

My out-of-place build directory is simply 'build' in
topdir.  Invoking cmake in a clean 'build' directory yields:

rcarter at feyerabend [242] rant cmake
rm -rf build
mkdir build
cmake ..
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: ifort
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: ifort -- works
-- Checking whether ifort supports Fortran 90
-- Checking whether ifort supports Fortran 90 -- yes
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++ -- works
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/home/rcarter/projects/esturion/algo/ode/solver/build
rcarter at feyerabend [243]

(rant is a ruby make, which can be ignored)

Thanks for any help.  Sadly, google cmake SET.mod.proxy
doesn't yield anything.

Russell