[CMake] Strange options for Sun Studio compiler

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at wldelft.nl
Thu Oct 26 03:02:19 EDT 2006

Doug Henry wrote:

> The sun compilers also have aliases: suncc, sunCC, sunf95, etc.  Maybe
> those names should be used instead?  I assume this is as easy as
> making a Linux-sunCC.cmake file.

Will that not get you in trouble with filesystems like Windows' that do not
consider the case to be distinguishing? I mean Linux-suncc.cmake and
Linux-sunCC.cmake would mean one and the same file on Windows.
It is perhaps unlikely to cause problems with this particular compiler,
but undoubtedly other scenarios are possible ...

Regards,

Arjen