[CMake] FIND_LIBRARY problem

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Oct 23 12:49:56 EDT 2006

Abe Stephens wrote:
> I have a CMake build for a project. The project contains several
> directories (included with the SUBDIRS command). One of these
> directories has the same name as a library that I search for using
> FIND_LIBRARY. For some reason, cmake returns the path to this
> subdirectory instead of the path to the shared library I'd like to find.

That's strange, the FIND_LIBRARY implementation has this code to test
for a lib:

if(cmSystemTools::FileExists(tryPath.c_str())
   && !cmSystemTools::FileIsDirectory(tryPath.c_str()))
  {
  // found
  }

I also just tried to duplicate your example and could not.  What
platform are you using?  What is the exact version of CMake?  Does this
happen from a fresh build tree with no CMakeCache.txt file in it?

-Brad