[CMake] CTest as dart client problem

Todd Pitts tapitts at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 23 08:39:16 EDT 2006

All,

	I have set up a dart server and am able to submit to it through the
DartClient.jar.  I run ctest -D Experimental and get a 403 rejection
(apparently) from the server.  However, I am able to submit the ctest
generated XML files via DartClient.jar.  After some discussion on the
dart list I am concluding that this is a ctest configuration problem.  I
am very new to ctest and would really like to be able to use it as
intended.  My project is currently very simple.  I have a
CTestConfig.cmake file in my project's root directory with contents:

SET (CTEST_PROJECT_NAME "TestProject")
SET (CTEST_NIGHTLY_START_TIME "21:00:00 EDT")
SET (CTEST_DROP_METHOD "xmlrpc")
SET (CTEST_DROP_SITE "http://localhost:8081")
SET (CTEST_DROP_LOCATION "TestProject")
SET (CTEST_COMPRESS_SUBMISSION OFF)

My project root directory CMakeLists.cmake file has contents:

# The name of our project is "LIBSRI".  CMakeLists files in this project
can
# refer to the root source directory of the project as
${LIBSRI_SOURCE_DIR} and
# to the root binary directory of the project as ${LIBSRI_BINARY_DIR}.
project (LIBSRI)

# Recurse into the "Src" and "Demo" subdirectories.  This does not
actually
# cause another cmake executable to run.  The same process will walk
through
# the project's entire directory structure.
add_subdirectory (Src)
add_subdirectory (Demo)
add_subdirectory (Tests)

ENABLE_TESTING()
INCLUDE(CTest)

ADD_TEST(SimpleTest ${LIBSRI_BINARY_DIR}/Tests/version-test Hello)

When I run ctest -V Experimental I get:

   Site: planck.sandia.gov
   Build name: Linux-c++
Create new tag: 20061023-1237 - Experimental
Start processing tests
Configure project
Configure with command: "/usr/local/cmake/bin/cmake"
"/home/tapitts/libsri"
Run command: "/usr/local/cmake/bin/cmake" "/home/tapitts/libsri"
   Each . represents 1024 bytes of output
    .-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/tapitts/libsri-build
 Size of output: 0K
Command exited with the value: 0
Build project
Run command: "/usr/bin/gmake" "-i"
   Each symbol represents 1024 bytes of output.
   '!' represents an error and '*' a warning.
    .[ 33%] Built target sri
[ 66%] Built target version-demo
[100%] Built target version-test
 Size of output: 0K
Command exited with the value: 0
   0 Compiler errors
   0 Compiler warnings
Test project
Constructing a list of tests
Done constructing a list of tests
Changing directory into /home/tapitts/libsri-build
  1/  1 Testing SimpleTest
Test command: /home/tapitts/libsri-build/Tests/version-test Hello
$Revision: 1.1.1.1 $
-- Process completed
   Passed

100% tests passed, 0 tests failed out of 1
Performing coverage
 Cannot find any coverage files.
Submit files (using xmlrpc)
   Using XML-RPC submit method
   Submitting to: http://localhost:8081/TestProject/Command/
(TestProject)
   Submit file: /home/tapitts/libsri-
build/Testing/20061023-1237/Build.xml
 Submission problem: HTTP response: 403 (-504)
   Problems when submitting via XML-RPC
Errors while running CTest

Any Help would be greatly appreciated - Is there anything information
that would make helping me easier?

-Todd