[CMake] MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

Axel Roebel Axel.Roebel at ircam.fr
Thu Oct 12 07:19:31 EDT 2006

On Thursday 12 October 2006 02:27, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 07:19 PM 10/11/2006, Axel Roebel wrote:
> >This is exactly what I do currently.
> >I thought there would may be exist an easier way.
> >I now see that my main problem is how I replace the compiler:
> >
> >I patch CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
> >from within CMakeLists.txt,
> >while I probably should simply do
> >
> >SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER path/gcc-osx-10.3)
> >
> >I think when I tried that with an older cmake like 2.2...
> >this SET would not override the compiler.
> >
> >With 2.4.3 I still find the original compiler /usr/bin/gcc
> >in the CMakeCache.txt but at least the build.cmake
> >has the script.
>
> You need to set the environment variable CC=/path/gcc-osx-10.3 and CXX,
> before you run cmake or ccmake.  Also, with a clean directory.

That is exactly what I want to avoid. If I need to remember
such preparations I will forget it from time to time,
and I will forget it if it is most important - during a release
compilation. That's why I prefer it to be completely automatic.

I found the  problem I had with setting

SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER path/gcc-osx-10.3)

All subsequent TRY_COMPILE calls
will ignore it - because the cmake calls
used inside will only look at CMakeCCompiler.cmake
to determine the compiler.
So I'll stay with my
automatic patch of CMakeCCompiler.cmake
and co.