[CMake] MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Oct 10 17:20:24 EDT 2006

On 2006-10-10 21:47, Axel Roebel said:

>I am creating universal binaries by means of
>compilation on different (ppc and intel) machines
>and later combining the results using lipo.
>
>For maximum backwards compatibility I need to
>set the environment variable
>
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3
>
>on the ppc system and to
>
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4

I'm pretty sure there is no way to specify per-architecture variants of
these things.  I believe this was discussed in bug 2492, which you may
want to read (its long).

I suggest filing a bug.  I also think this would be a good feature for
CMake to have, though personally I don't need it.

I think it comes down to CMake's lack of cross-compilation support.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com