[CMake] Can multiple builds of VTK share one install directory?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Oct 5 10:28:11 EDT 2006

It can... but only because VTK's installation contains itself to its own
make install tree.

And it may be wise to add a clean of the install directory in between,
too...
i.e.:
cd Common_Install_Dir
rm -rf *
cd Build_B_Dir
make install

That way, you guarantee that there's nothing left in the
Common_Install_Dir from a previous install...

HTH,
David