[CMake] Success with Compaq Visual Fortran - at least some!

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at wldelft.nl
Tue Oct 3 02:45:29 EDT 2006

Arjen Markus wrote:

>Hello Brad,
>
>I tried your tip on adding
>
>   SET(CMAKE_WINDOWS_OBJECT_PATH 1)
>
>to the platform module for the Fortran compiler
>and that did the trick!
>
>All works now - at least for my minimal test project.

I have more information now:

While it worked with my small test project (single file, single language),
it fails with PLplot: the setting gets in the way of the detailed tests on
the capacities of the C compiler. I get error messages about the incorrect
use of GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT that I have never seen before.

This happens after the basic tests for suitable compilers.

Is the setting cached for that particular compiler? (In that case I
could turn it
off again at the end of the platform module) Or is it a global setting that
stays in effect? If so, how can I turn it on and off at the right moment in
the process of configuring and generating the makefiles/project files?

Regards,

Arjen