WG: AW: AW: [CMake] AW: Wrong interpretation of "optimized" and "debug" Qt-libs in TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES

wedekind wedekind at caesar.de
Tue Nov 28 12:06:38 EST 2006

Hello Bill,

>The Find should be used all the time, because someone might install qt
>in a different place, and you
>want that to work.  If you hard code the place in the CMakeLists.txt it
>will only work on some systems.

Of course, you are right to advise me to use FIND. But I am not using CMake
to distribute source-packages of my software. I only use CMake to build the
software "locally" and to create binary distribution packages from these
builds. So I can control the directory where to find the qt-lib for
building. The user of the binary package needs to make the qt-lib detectable
by the application or use the qt-lib distributed with the software.

Cheers

Marco