[CMake] Suggestion for CMake platform/compiler detection

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Thu Nov 23 06:52:26 EST 2006

> Yep but this is the problem...
> it cannot be made of small patches, how can you integrate a kind of
> inheritance system with small patches to CMake? It changes the API...

I'm not sure to understand what you call "inheritance system".
There is already an inheritance system in CMake.
For instance, here we have a top level CMakeLists.txt and all CMakeLists
project actually inherite already from the top level settings with the
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY() command. If needed, the low level CMakeLists can override
the inherited settings.

So can you explain what do you mean by "inheritance system" please ?

Sylvain