[CMake] Problem with Debug target options in VS8

J.D. Yamokoski yamokosk at ufl.edu
Mon Nov 20 09:52:41 EST 2006

Greetings,

First I just want to say that I am a new cmake user and I am loving it!
Great stuff!

On to my issue, I apologize if this is a known issue or posted before,
but I have had some trouble with with Cmake and VS8. The error I get is
that cmake generates two incompatible compiler options for the Debug
target of a certain open source library. Specifically, VS complains:

cl : Command line error D8016 : '/O2' and '/RTC1' command-line options
are incompatible

I know what those options are and why they are incompatible but what I
don't know is whether this is a cmake problem or an issue with this
project's cmake files. I have already talked to the developers of the
library I am trying to compile. They state that they "only ever set
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to 'Debug' for Windows but certainly don't set any
flags anywhere".

For the time being, I have circumvented the problem by changing my
target to a Release build. But I would like to find out how to turn off
code optimization for the Debug build.

Best regards,

J.D. Yamokoski