[CMake] Does cmake work with clearmake ?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 17:03:09 EST 2006

2006/11/13, Nags Venkat (nags) <nags at cisco.com>:

> Hi,
> Just new to cmake.
>
> We are evaluating cmake for building multiplatform (linux and MS windows)
> targets using gcc (linux) and MS VS 2005 (ms windows). Since we have
> existing infrastructure in clearmake for windows, just wanting to know
> if cmake can be used with clearmake ?

Is clearmake the command that comes along with clearcase
which tries to share object files built in the same view by different user?

If it is this clearmake your are talking about,
as far as I know it does process "standard" makefiles and does
a special jobs on its own with clearcase to run an economy build.

So it "should" work with cmake generated makefiles.

Now I do not fully understand how Visual Studio and clearmake works
together on MS Windows.

We use CMake to generated Makefile on unix
and to generated Visual Studio project file on windows
and it works just fine for us.

The only difference I see is that  now our Makefiles and/or Visual Studio
project file is not versioned and each user has its own CMake
generated file.

--
Erk