[CMake] CMake 2.4.3, VTK 5.0.2, VS 2005 Express

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Nov 10 10:44:49 EST 2006

James Bigler wrote:

> OK, so if I do this it complete the configure, but it doesn't compute
> the correct size of a SHORT (it thinks it is 1 which causes VTK to
> fail to compile).  There may be other problems as well, but that is
> the one tricking up the compiler.
>
> Also, the build programs run, but don't actually spit anything out to
> stdout (if they should).
I thought you said it was a manifest problem?   For some reason on your
system try-run is not working.
Basically, it builds a program and runs it.  There is no stdout, the
value is returned from main.  So, if you have
cygwin you can do echo $? to get the return value of the last program.
Basically when cmake runs
the program you are getting exit code  (0xc0000135).  I think this means
that it can not find some dll.
My guess is that your environment is not setup correctly in some way.
VS express is somewhat tricky to setup.

Make sure you followed ALL the steps here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/

-Bill