[CMake] CMake 2.4.3, VTK 5.0.2, VS 2005 Express

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Thu Nov 9 13:22:07 EST 2006

David Cole wrote:
> Some of these try-compile tests end up failing if your path name is too
> long
> on Windows. Are you building under a super-long directory name under
> your My
> Documents folder, perhaps?
>
> You may start to run into trouble with path names as short as 100
> characters
> long or so, believe it or not because of the way some of the relative paths
> are constructed for use by the CMake/Visual Studio combination... Try using
> "C:\VTKbuild" or something similarly short as the root of your build tree.

I'll try this, but my build path seems short enough:

D:\rei\vtk-5.0.2\VS

I think the try compiles are failing, because the programs fail to run
properly due to some msvcr80.dll (manifests) issue.  I can see in the
output that the files built fine, but the run result is a string of
garbled characters.

James