Fwd: [CMake] generate VC project w/o VS installed.

Chen Li robomacro at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 08:53:32 EST 2006

Seems that it is the only way. Thanks!

________________________________

From: Sylvain Benner [mailto:benner at virtools.com]
Sent: 2006-11-3 (星期五) 20:59
To: Chen Li; cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] generate VC project w/o VS installed.

你好!

If this feature is not directly supported by CMake, there is a work around.

Run CMake in an environment with Visual Studio installed and back up the
cache files (folderCMakeFiles and file CMakeCache.txt).
Then copy these files on your computer which does not have Visual Studio
installed. It should bypass the compiler tests etc...
I use it to generate XCode projects on a Windows XP OS and it works pretty
well.

Sylvain