[CMake] generate VC project w/o VS installed.

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Fri Nov 3 07:59:39 EST 2006

你好!

If this feature is not directly supported by CMake, there is a work around.

Run CMake in an environment with Visual Studio installed and back up the cache files (folderCMakeFiles and file CMakeCache.txt).
Then copy these files on your computer which does not have Visual Studio installed. It should bypass the compiler tests etc...
I use it to generate XCode projects on a Windows XP OS and it works pretty well.

Sylvain