[CMake] DLL not found question

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Nov 1 09:03:28 EST 2006

Jacob Foshee wrote:
> Perhaps if Find<3rdParty>.cmake or <3rdParty>Config.cmake advertised a
> 3rdParty_BIN_DIR or 3rdParty_RUNTIME_DIR this would help?  I could try
> writing a FIND_RUNTIME_LIBRARY macro if that would help.

Some project's modules already do export a FOO_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_DIRS
variable (VTK at www.vtk.org for example).  It contains the list of
directories that should be included in the runtime library search path
when the project runs.  This should be used for PATH on windows and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH on unix.  Unfortunately we do not have time to sweep
through all the Find* modules to add this variable.  I'll add it to the
Modules/readme.txt in the source tree though so that new module authors
think about whether they need the variable.

-Brad