[CMake] CMake with wxWidgets on Linux

Reinhold Fuereder R.Fureder at exeter.ac.uk
Sun May 28 07:53:41 EDT 2006

Hello Brian,

I think for recent wxWidgets versions the best references for CMake based
project building are by Jorgen Bodde and Jerry Fath based on initial work from
Klaas Holwerda (please correct me if i am wrong), see:
  - http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/CMake,
  -
http://wastebucket.solidsteel.nl/cms/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=wxTreeMult
iCtrl&back=WiwiHome
  - http://www.fath.us/downloads/wxcmake.zip

Maybe one of these modules should find its place into the standard CMake
installation at some time? If I am not wrong (again), the currently bundled
modules are a little bit outdated.

HTH Reinhold

>===== Original Message From "William A. Hoffman" <billlist at nycap.rr.com>
=====
>At 07:10 PM 5/27/2006, Brian Eastwood wrote:
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I've been using CMake for a few years on Windows and recently switched over
to Linux.  I have been having some problems getting a basic hello world
program running using wxWidgets, and figured someone here probably know what I
am doing wrong.
>Part of my confusion is the large number of cmake files that could be used to
configure wxWidgets.  My CMakeLists file is copied below.  The program
hworld.cxx is basically Robert Roebling's hello world tutorial from
>http://www.wxwidgets.org/hello.htm
>>
>>I have no problems running cmake or compiling the project, but get a
segmentation fault when I try running the program...there is no other output.
(I'm assuming the application can't find a shared library, but I don't know
which one that would
>be.)
>>
>>I am running Fedora Core 5 and installed wxGTK, wxGTK-devel and
compat-wxGTK2-devel (among others) from the fedora extras rpm repository.  Are
there other packages I should have installed?