[CMake] make in a subdir takes ages.

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri May 26 06:54:47 EDT 2006

Hiya,

I'm using cmake in koffice and I work in a small library currently which
is located in a subdir and it depends on nothing else in the project.

I'm highly annoyed that each time I type make cmake takes about a minute
before it actually decided what to do, thrashing my HD the whole time.
(filling all diskbuffers, and thus making the whole system slow for the
next 10 minutes)
I'm guessing it looks at the whole project, but why is beyond me. Even if
there are dependencies; I cd-ed into that dir for a reason. I hate it
when software tries to be smarter than me.

I would appreciate if the check-dependencies stuff was disabled by
default, where cmake would only check if the libraries it depends on
(thats in the CMakeLists.txt isn't it) exist; not if they are uptodate.

--
Thomas Zander