[CMake] CMake and it's invocation from MS VC7

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue May 16 17:39:37 EDT 2006

Steve Johns wrote:
> I can rename the files, but as it happens I tried this experiement for a
> single file and it did no good.
>
> Is there a reason why the experiment would fail on a single file, but be
> expected to work if they were all renamed to lowercase?

I think this may have been a bug in CMake 2.2.  It will be fixed in
2.4.2, but I'm not sure if it was already done in 2.4.1.

> If there is yet another approach, I'd be grateful for hearing of it at
> whatever point the info might become available.

Any other approach will require some CMake fixes.  Once it is
implemented properly you could do something like

SET(NRC206_SRCS ADDINT.C ...)
SET_SOURCE_FILES_PROPERITES(${NRC206_SRCS} PROPERTIES COMPILE_LANGUAGE C)
ADD_LIBRARY(NRC206 ${NRC206_SRCS})

to override the default choice of compile language for capital ".C"
extensions.  I'm not sure when we'll get to this.

-Brad