[CMake] creating a shared and static library of the same name

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Tue May 16 13:44:16 EDT 2006

On 5/15/06, Xavier Delannoy <xavier.delannoy at netasq.com> wrote:
> it's possible with CMake greater to 2.3.4. I used two diferent destination directories for the static and shared libs.

Thanks Xavier for this detailed (and lengthy) instructions. But they
are way too complicated and cumbersome imho.
Under Unix/Linux it's not that uncommon that you want to create both,
a shared and dynamic library (of the same name of course). Why not add
a new keyword to add_library like "BOTH" so it automatically creates
both types. On platforms like windows, where there are potential
problems as Brad outlined, you could output a warning or create a
workaround like two different output folders automatically.

Michael