[CMake] cmake ruby bindings (or perl, or python, or ...)

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon May 15 19:30:25 EDT 2006

Filipe Sousa wrote:
> I remember someone suggesting Lua as a second language
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake-promote/2005-December/000039.html

Just to add more baking soda to that fire, one thing that the CMake
language has that others don't, is an anal retentive IF(CONDITION) ..
ENDIF(CONDITION) paradigm.  For builds, I consider this an advantage.
Now seeing as how all other popular languages, and even most unpopular
ones, would do away with that....

I think asking "Can't I do it in some other language?" is tantamount to
"I don't wanna hafta learn CMake.  Do I hafta?  Really?"  I find that by
the time I've learned the darned thing, I'm more interested in the fact
that it works, than what language I'm using.  I also think build systems
have inherent things you have to learn about and deal with, that don't
have anything to do with languages or general programming capabilities.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every