[CMake] Cmake TCL wrappers fails on 64-bit FC4

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 05:48:34 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to run ccmake for VTK on a standard 64-bit FC4 system,
running on a P4.

When I set TCL wrappers to ON, I get the following error:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
 /root/installs/vtk/vtk-5.0/CMake/vtkLoadCMakeExtensions.cmake:7:
 LOAD_COMMAND Attempt to load the library
/root/installs/vtk/vtk_build/CMake/libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so failed.

I have checked that this file does exist:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 17424 Mar 22 11:49
/root/installs/vtk/vtk_build/CMake/libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so

The paths to the tcl/tk libraries and include files appear to be
correct.  I have tried adding -m64 to the CFLAGS, and CXXFLAGS, or
'-m64 -fPIC' to the same variables, and/or setting VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS -
without success.

I've seen previous messages on this:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-February/083706.html
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-March/079093.html

but no resolution.

Is there anything else I could try?  Is there some other information
that would be useful in debugging the problem?

Thanks a lot,

Matthew