[CMake] CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR only for out-of-source ?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 21 08:46:32 EST 2006

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>Von: Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>
>>The idea of that option was to make *double-quote* includes look the
>>same for in-source and out-of-source builds.  For angle-bracket
>>includes only the explicitly given include path should be used.
>>
>>Note in your example that running just
>>
>>   gcc main.c
>>
>>will not work.
>

> Yes.
> But this means that the only thing this does for us is that we can use
>
> INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR})
>
> instead of
>
> INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}
> ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR})
>
> which isn't *that* much of a help.

All the examples given to me when requesting the feature used
double-quote includes.  For those it is alot of help because then no
include_directories command is needed at all.

> Also the name
> "CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR" suggests that then the current dir will be
> part of the include path. But as it is now, this is only true for
> out-of-source builds.

Given the name and that this isn't the default anyway I've updated the
feature to be enabled for both in-source and out-of-source builds.

-Brad