[CMake] Building static libraries fails to remove properly

Kevin Ballard ballard at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Mar 8 15:57:21 EST 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 12:46 PM, William A. Hoffman wrote:

>> #1) "$(CMAKE_COMMAND) -E remove -f" is unnecessary - $(RM) was
>> already set to that higher up, so that should just be "$(RM) files"
>>
>> #2) When I poke around, this appears to be executing from the root
>> directory of the project, not the ymsg/source directory. Thus the
>> "../../" prefix on all the paths is wrong. However, the cmake command
>> just silently fails so this went unnoticed until now.
>>
>> AFAICT nothing in our CMake files has any effect on this build rule,
>> so I'm thinking this has to be a bug in cmake itself. Unfortunately
>> I'm not terribly familiar with cmake, I just build with it. Does
>> anybody have any suggestions/ideas about this?
>>
>> Oh, and the output of `cmake --version` is "cmake version 2.2-
>> patch 3".
>
> This has been fixed in cvs cmake.

The cmake I'm using is a source drop in our local perforce repository
and it's used by a bunch of projects. It's not very safe for me to
simply upgrade that cmake, especially to something that's not even a
stable release. Can you point me to a specific changeset or patch
that would fix this in my current version?

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin Ballard