[CMake] RE: [Dart] Looking to create working ctest-to-dart-server link

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Tue Mar 7 10:16:51 EST 2006

Dan et al,

At 3/7/2006 07:05 AM, Blezek, Daniel J \(GE, Research\) wrote:
>   Sorry this has taken so long to respond.  I added an XML example using
> the new Dart format to the SVN repository:
> ResultData/TestNewFormat.xml.gz.  It's fairly long, and should include
> almost every type of Result (may not have images).

Ok, great.  Is this the file:

http://www.na-mic.org:8000/websvn/filedetails.php?repname=Dart&path=%2Ftrunk%2FResultData%2FTestNewFormat.xml.gz

?

If so, then the format seems to be quite straightforward.  I'm attempting
to make some reference docs for our own purpose.  If this all works, we'll
wiki-fy it.  Can someone verify and/or correct the notes below?

-Matt

The basic "stanza" seems to be the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- Note, we have a submission Jaxor object passed in -->
<DartSubmission version="2.0" createdby="ArchiveTask">
   <Site>mysite</Site>

   <!-- BuildName will be the concationation of OS and Compiler -->
   <BuildName>myplatform-mycompiler</BuildName>
   <Track>myfrequency</Track>

   <!-- DateTimeStamp is a non-locale specific date/timestamp following ISO -->
   <DateTimeStamp>mydate</DateTimeStamp>

       <Test>
         <Name>mytestname</Name>
         <Status>mybinaryteststatus</Status>
           <Measurement name="Completion Status"
type="text/string">mybinarycompletionstatus</Measurement>
           <Measurement name="Execution Time"
type="numeric/double">myexectime</Measurement>
           <Measurement name="Output" type="text/text">myoutput</Measurement>
       </Test>
</DartSubmission>

Where:

mysite = freeform
myfrequency = "Nightly" | ?
mydate = <!-- DateTimeStamp is a non-locale specific date/timestamp
following ISO -->
mytestname = freeform | <.test.name.hierarchy> ?
mybinaryteststatus = "passed" | "failed" | ?
mybinarycompletionstatus = "Completed" | ?
myexectime = floating-point number in seconds
myoutput = freeform | stdout, stderr sections

...although I'm not sure of all the above assertions, and several have
questions marks.  (Yes, the above documentation is not formal, and many not
follow XML-DTD description-doc standards...I'm new to things XML in this area.)

An example instance:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- Note, we have a submission Jaxor object passed in -->
<DartSubmission version="2.0" createdby="ArchiveTask">
   <Site>caleb.crd</Site>

   <!-- BuildName will be the concationation of OS and Compiler -->
   <BuildName>SunOS-c++</BuildName>
   <Track>Nightly</Track>

   <!-- DateTimeStamp is a non-locale specific date/timestamp following ISO -->
   <DateTimeStamp>2005-01-03T00:00:00.0-0500</DateTimeStamp>

       <Test>
         <Name>.Test.Examples.DataRepresentation.Image.Image1Test</Name>
         <Status>passed</Status>
           <Measurement name="Completion Status"
type="text/string">Completed</Measurement>
           <Measurement name="Execution Time"
type="numeric/double">0.641507</Measurement>
           <Measurement name="Output" type="text/text">Standard Output:

Standard Error:</Measurement>
       </Test>
</DartSubmission>