[CMake] Different LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH

Anton Deguet anton.deguet at jhu.edu
Mon Mar 6 13:48:48 EST 2006

I am having some problems with a project for which I defined different
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH.  Basically, I have a default LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH
defined in my root CMakeLists.txt and, in a subdirectory "examples", I
have a new definition of LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH so that all the libraries
related to my examples programs go in a different place.

On Windows with .net 2003, this works fine.  On linux, with gmake, I can
configure but at compilation time I get the error:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `examples/lib/libcisstCommon.a',
needed by `examples/bin/errorHandling'.  Stop.

This is simply because "libcisstCommon.a" is actually compiled and
stored as `lib/libcisstCommon.a` as defined in the root CMakeLists.txt.

So, am I allowed to redefine LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH, and if not, how can I
specify that I want some libraries in one directory and others in
another directory?

Sincerely,

Anton Deguet

--