[CMake] CTest newbie

Vignesh M.P.N. manivig at iit.edu
Wed Mar 1 17:40:41 EST 2006

Hi all

I am a CMake newbie and new to build process too. So I felt the
documentation insufficient.

I am basically trying to use CTest as a client to Dart without using CMake.
I just want to initially try this with a simple HelloWorld.java.

So here is what I've done. My project folder just has the HelloWorld class
file, DartConfiguration.tcl and DartTestfile.txt. I just want to run CTest
to run this single file and post the result to the Public Dashboard.

I suppose the following content is sufficient for my DartTestfile.txt

ADD_TEST(HelloWorld-test "java" "HelloWorld" "argument")

I have problems in setting up DartConfiguration.tcl because not much
information is provided in the documentation, as it is considered as
"self-explanatory". But as a newbie I not comfortable with it. I don't have
any subdir structure, just a single class file!

As per the example,

SourceDirectory: /path/to/project/source/directory
BuildDirectory: /path/to/project/build/directory
CVSUpdateOptions: -d -A -P
Site: my-system-name
BuildName: build-name
DropSite: public.kitware.com
DropLocation: /cgi-bin/HTTPUploadDartFile.cgi
DropMethod: http
TriggerSite:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/Submit-Random-TestingResults.pl
NightlyStartTime: 21:00:00 EDT
ConfigureCommand: "/path/to/source/directory/Project/configure"
MakeCommand: /usr/bin/make -i
CVSCommand: /usr/bin/cvs
CoverageCommand: /usr/bin/gcov
TimeOut: 1500

Please explain me about each key and what values would fit for my simple
requirement just to kick off.

Thanks

Vignesh.