[CMake] Marking libraries (yes: maRking)

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:52:01 EST 2006

Rodrigo Madera wrote:
> I have a project that build a lot of different libraries (like Boost
> does, but it's not Boost) with configuration markings and build
> options.
>
> I want to build:
>
> MyLib.lib:   the release library
> MyLib-D.lib    debug library
> MyLib-A.lib     non unicode version
> MyLib-AD.lib   nin unicode debug library.
>
> How can I do this _efficiently_?

The CVS version of CMake lets you do things like building SHARED vs.
STATIC libraries and also provide target-specific flags.  You're still
going to have to create entries for each and every library you want to
build though.  There's no "take care of all of my minor variation
decisions" for me.  You have to make those decisions yourself.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every