[CMake] ExceptionHandling in VC8

Laurentiu Nicolae Laurentiu.Nicolae at quintiq.com
Fri Jun 30 09:32:57 EDT 2006

Hello CMake users,

I have noticed that the ExceptionHandling flag is not fully handled for
VC8 projects. Namely, in VC7 this option could only be set to TRUE or
FALSE. In VC8, we have the following options:

Enable C++ exceptions :
No -  ExceptionHandling="0"
Yes (/EHsc) - ExceptionHandling="1"
Yes with SEH Exceptions (/EHa) -  ExceptionHandling="2"

The /EHa option is not handled by the generator and ends up in the
AdditionalOptions line. This results for us in a warning (/EHsc replaced
with /EHa) for every file we compile in our projects. It would be nice
to have this option fully supported by CMake, especially since VC8 seems
to become  the new IDE of choice for Windows C++ development.

Cheers,
Laurentiu
--

Laurentiu Nicolae