[CMake] VS 8 & CMake 2.4.2

Kris Dekeyser Kris.Dekeyser at lms.be
Fri Jun 30 09:14:10 EDT 2006

Hi,

Previously problems using CMake with Visual Studio 8 were reported. They were reported with Visual Studio 2005 Express, but I encountered them too with the full Visual Studio 8 version.

CMake failed to compile the test program and the output showed that OLDNAMES.lib could not be found.

What happened is the following: When installing VS8 I removed the static runtime libraries from the installer selection since we always link against the runtime DLLs. Apparently this is not supported by CMake.

The solution is to either add the static runtime libs to your installation or add /ignorlib:OLDLIBNAMES.lib to the compiler flags. I choose the first solution, because it's the easiest. Changing the default compiler flags requires some fiddling with cmake files in the installation.

Best regards, Kris
+-+-+- Email Confidentiality Footer +-+-+-
Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not print, retain, copy nor disseminate this message or any part of it to anyone and you should notify the sender by reply email and destroy this message. Neglecting this clause could be a breach of confidence. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that are not related to the official business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.