[CMake] Compaq Fortran 6.1 detection fails under Windows

Philippe Poilbarbe Philippe.Poilbarbe at cls.fr
Thu Jun 29 06:16:45 EDT 2006

William A. Hoffman a écrit :
> At 08:34 AM 6/20/2006, Philippe Poilbarbe wrote:
>
>> Brad King a écrit :

>>> That compiler is not known to CMake.  You'll have to set the variable CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILE_OBJECT to teach CMake how to use the compiler. Look at the Modules/Platform/Windows-ifort.cmake file in the CMake installation for an example.
>>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> I have made a Windows-f90.cmake file which is read instead of the default one.
>> But now it seems that file names are not correctly generated by TRY_COMPILE
>> in CMakeTestFortranCompiler.cmake.
>> I can't trap why since the generated files in CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp are
>> removed too quickly :)
>>
>> Is there an option of CMake allowing to keep temporary files ?
> cmake --debug-trycompile
thanks.
I now see the generated files, but I have the following output:

Determining if the Fortran compiler works failed with the following output:
    nmake -f CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir/build.make /nologo
-L                  CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\build Building
Fortran object CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testFortranCompiler.obj
    C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\DF98\BIN\F90.EXE
@C:\DOCUME~1\PhP\LOCALS~1\Temp\nma00732. F90: error: Unknown switch:
'/cmTryCompileExec.dir' NMAKE : fatal error U1077:
'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\DF98\BIN\F90.EXE' : return code '0x1' Stop. NMAKE
: fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio\VC98\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2' Stop.

The temporary file C:\DOCUME~1\PhP\LOCALS~1\Temp\nma00732. F90 has
disapeard even with the --debug-trycompile option but it seems that
there is an invalid path inside it with '/' instead of '\' because of the
message "Unknown switch: '/cmTryCompileExec.dir'"

Is it a bug of CMake (2.4.2) of do I miss something ?

Ph.P.

As a subsidiary question: where can I find undocumented options like
--debug-trycompile ?