[CMake] Compile/install on HPUX on ia64 (Itanium)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jun 28 15:18:55 EDT 2006

David Akdikmen wrote:
> Success with latest from CVS!!! Both make and make install seems to
> work, Thanks,

Great.

> I added the option by setting the environment variables before running
> configure.
>
> (At the bash prompt before running configure)
>
> export CFLAGS="+p"
> export CXXFLAGS="+p"

What was the original output in the log file that told you that this
option is needed?  Can you compile the source

int main() { return 0; }

with just

cc +p t1.c

using the C compiler?  What about the C++ compiler (rename to t1.cxx)?

> BTW: I had to delete the whole directory in order to run configure
> again, otherwise it would pick up the old results.

Actually you just had to remove CMakeCache.txt where the results are stored.

-Brad