[CMake] Compile cmake on Power5 based computer

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jun 20 20:24:53 EDT 2006

At 05:23 PM 6/20/2006, Dong Luo wrote:
>-fPIC and -rdynamic are not flags for xlC. By defining
>CXX to gxlc++ (which suppose to translate the flags),

I know they are not flags for xlC, that is
why I said this:

>> You need to create a Linix-xlc.cmake file for the
>> Modules/Platform
>> directory.  It needs to change the values found in
>> Modules/Platform/Linux.cmake.
>> If you get it working, I can put the files into
>> CMake.

If you create a Linux-xlc.cmake file you can change cmake
to not add -fPIC and -rdyanmic.   If you copy Linux.cmake to
Linux-xlc.cmake and Linux-xlC.cmake, then edit those files to
have the correct flags for xlc, it should work without using
the gcc emulators.  If you get that working please send me
the Linux-xlc.cmake files and I will put them in CMake.

-Bill